Dandelion isn’t just a weed. No, it’s much more than that. When used appropriately, it’s a medicinal herb with many different health properties. In fact, when its roots and leaves are dried for tea, it contains significant amounts of vitamins A, C, and D plus zinc, iron, magnesium, and potassium. You’ll find dandelion (pu gong ying) in our Hangover Tea and Anti-C Tea blends.
So why should you enjoy it? We have seven reasons to give it a taste.
- Improved Digestion: Dandelion Tea can help your digestive system work optimally, which also aids in weight loss.
- Liver Detox: Dandelion root can help to ease congestion in the liver and to increase the flow of bile.
- Bloat Reduction: If you’re feeling bloated, dandelion tea could help reduce you bloat, acting as a diuretic.
- Antibacterial: Dandelion Tea has antibacterial compounds that may help prevent urinary tract infections.
- Cancer-Fighting Potential: Though more studies are needed, dandelion root extract has been shown to induce cell death in melanoma cells and pancreatic cancer cells.
- Glowing Skin: Drinking a cup of dandelion skin can help reduce skin conditions and give you a dewy glow.
- Lower Blood Sugar: Dandelion Tea can help lower you blood sugar levels overall and improve blood circulation.