Ginger is one of the world’s healthiest foods. It’s also one of the most delicious. It’s loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that help your body and your brain. There are many ways to consume ginger (it can be added to any tea), and no matter how you consume it, it will have a positive affect on your body.
Discover the seven health benefits of ginger.
- Antinausea: Ginger is well known for reducing nausea and vomiting caused by a variety of issues including morning sickness, postoperative upset, chemotherapy treatments, and motion sickness.
- Pain: Another health benefit of ginger is its ability to reduce pain and inflammation. It’s great for managing arthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps which is why it’s in Her Tea.
- Cold/Flu: Ginger can also help you avoid getting sick or decrease the amount of time you’re sick, thanks to its ability to inhibit the rhinovirus.
- Antibacterial: It can also help inhibit bacteria like salmonella, which causes diarrhea, and protozoa.
- Anti-Inflammatory: As mentioned under pain, reduced inflammation is another health benefit of ginger. Ginger can help those with arthritis and can also help those with obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
- Improved Digestion: Ginger is a natural spice for calming upset stomachs and relieving belly aches.
- Acid Reflux: Instead of turning to drugs, ginger can help inhibit acid reflux and treat your heartburn.