Fennel and Apple Thai Salad
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 radish sliced
- 1 apple grated or sliced
- 1 handful of mint
- 1 handful of cashews chopped
- 1 handful of slithered almonds
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Toss to mix things up.
- Prepare dressing by combining dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- You may choose to garnish with extra mint and nuts.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 whole capsicums, halved with seeds and white parts removed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 5-6 mushrooms chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- A few springs of thyme or your favourite fresh herb Coconut oil or olive oil to fry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a fry pan, melt 1 generous tablespoon of coconut butter or olive oil.
- Fry onions until clear.
- Add mushrooms and peas and stir until cooked.
- Add rice and season and cook for another 5 minutes, add thyme.
- Arrange capsicums on a baking tray, cup side up. Place rice mixture into each capsicum half.
- Drizzle with oil and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until capsicum is cooked. Serve with a green salad.
Coconut Yoghurt with Chia Jam
MAKES ENOUGH JAM FOR 1 MEDIUM SIZE JAR
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 6 strawberries or raspberries chopped into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 cup of chia seeds
- Combine fruit and water in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and once boiling, reduce to simmer.
- You may need to add more water while the fruit is still reducing.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until the fruit has a jam like consistency.
- Set aside for 5 minutes before adding in the chia seeds, chia seeds will absorb some of the moisture making it a ‘jam’ like consistency.
- Serve a generous dollop over coconut yoghurt and enjoy.
- Chia jam can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Cauliflower Mash with Rocket, Pea and Raspberry Salad
Rocket, Pea and Raspberry Salad
- 1 bag of rocket, washed
- 1 bunch of mint, chopped
- 1 cup of cooked peas
- 1⁄3 cup of raspberries
- 1⁄2 avocado (optional)
- 3 spring onions chopped
- Combine ingredients. Drizzle with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve.
- 1⁄2 a cauliflower head
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Coconut oil to fry
- Shred, chop or grate raw cauliflower.
- Heap a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan.
- Add onion and cook until clear.
- Add cauliflower, salt and pepper and cook until cauliflower is soft and resembles rice.
- Add to blender and pulse until smooth.
- Serve mash alongside salad.
Mango Salsa Cups
You will just need a salad bowl.
- 1 mango, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small bunch of coriander (or parsley), chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- dash of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 endive, pulled apart
- Combine mango, onion, coriander (or parsley), avocado, celery, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix well
- Spoon mixture into separated leaves of the endive and serve.