Did you wake up this morning after only a few hours of rest? First of all, that’s bad! But, we know it happens. If you were out partying all night and now you have to find a way to survive the day ahead, we’ve got the tips and tricks you need to survive on little sleep.
- Drink Energy Tea: Energy Tea naturally supports increased energy levels while assisting your ability to concentrate. If you’re low on sleep, drink a cup in the morning and in the afternoon to keep you going.
- Pick One Night: Was your partying last night just one in a series of late nights? Well, you can survive on little sleep if you choose one night a week to turn in early. Scientific American reveals that a full night of intense “recovery” sleep can help you knock off your sleep debt.
- Enjoy Caffeine: Sometimes there’s no replacement for caffeine. If you’re not a fan of coffee, drink a cup of English Breakfast tea for that caffeine boost.
- Exercise: If you’re low on sleep, get your blood pumping with a morning workout. Even if you don’t have time to hit the gym, or you don’t feel up to it, a few quick dashes up and down the stairs can create an instant energy surge.
- Eat Protein: Are you lagging in the afternoon and worried that you won’t be able to survive on little sleep, grab a lean source of protein such as skinless chicken, fish, or nonfat yogurt. Protein promotes quick thinking and fast reactions, so you feel more alert.
- Drink Lots of Water: Drinking water will not only help to quench your thirst, it will also keep you running back and forth to the restroom, which will help keep you active and awake. Sitting still for long hours after a night of little sleep is the worst thing you could do.