The holidays might be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the stress is leaving as well. If you’re feeling tense and cranky after the busy holiday season, we don’t blame you. Instead, we offer these 8 stress relief tips to get you back to feeling happy and relaxed.
- Meditate: Spend just a few minutes per day meditating. Focus your attention on reciting positive messages such as “I feel at peace” or “I love myself.”It can be difficult at first, but the benefits are there if you persist.
- Breathe Deeply: If you’re feeling particular stressed, stop, close your eyes, place your hand on your belly, and slowly inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Breathe deeply for 5-minutes and feel the stress relief.
- Listen to Music: When you’re feeling stressed, grab your phone or computer and turn on your favorite music for a few songs.
- Laugh: It might seem impossible to laugh in the middle of a stressful situation, but you can do it. Read some jokes, watch a comedy, or hang out with your friends and get your laugh on.
- Connect: You don’t have to go through stressful situations alone. Call your best friend or head to a coffee shop together and connect.
- Smell: When you’re stressed, smelling your favorite scent can be a huge stress relief. Light your favorite candle or spray on your favorite perfume or cologne.
- Exercise: If you’re feeling completely overwhelmed, go outside and start moving. Go for a jog or dance around your house and get your blood pumping.
- Indulge: A little chocolate can go a long way in terms of stress relief. Indulge your taste buds with a cup of Happy Tea, or your favorite snack.
Image via pin.it