Are you easily distracted? Do you have a hard time staying on task for more than a few minutes at a time? Staying focused isn’t easy. Some people are better at concentrating than others, but we all have times where we just can’t seem to keep our brains productive. If you’re ready to improve your concentration, follow these seven tips.
- Prioritize: You can improve your focus by making a list of all your tasks and tackling them in order of highest to lowest priority. When you complete the big jobs first, you’ll feel satisfied and better able to keep going. Learn how to prioritize.
- Block Distractions: Getting distracted is easy when your email is pinging every five seconds, your Facebook page is open on your desktop, and your phone is chiming with text messages. Turn off as many of those distractions as you can so you can focus on what matters.
- Drink Energy Tea: Sometimes you need a little help to improve your concentration. Our Energy Tea was created with a blend of ingredients that can give you energy and boost your focus without stimulants or crashes.
- Meditate: Before you begin any task, take a few minutes to prepare your brain. Sit quietly, close your eyes, and breathe deeply for a minute or two. Calming down before work can help you concentrate.
- Find Quiet: Quiet doesn’t have to mean silence, but few people can work with people all around talking loudly and interrupting. When you need to focus find a quiet location or put on noise canceling headphones with soothing sounds. We love Coffitivity for the perfect background noise.
- Set a Timer: If you work well under a deadline, then make an artificial deadline for tasks throughout the day. Plan how long you think certain tasks will take and then set a timer that will remind you to keep on target.
- Unplug: No one can work 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Instead, make sure that you unplug for at least 30 minutes each day. Grab a cup of tea, go for a walk, or read a book, but take those 30 minutes to turn off your work and relax.
Yours in wellness,
Image via Pinterest