When it comes to taking care of your body, there are a variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that you need to live a happy and healthy life. But what nutrients are most vital?
There are six nutrients for women that are crucial to take every single day. If you’re not getting these nutrients in your food, then you need to take a supplement.
- Vitamin B6: Found in bananas, sweet potatoes, and chicken, vitamin B6 helps to regulate your sleep, appetite, and mood. It also helps your nervous system function as it should.
- Vitamin B12: Found in low-fat yogurt, boiled eggs, and beef, vitamin B12 helps you fight fatigue and improve your alertness. Vitamin B12 also produces hemoglobin, a protein necessary for your red blood cells.
- Folic Acid (Folate): Folic Acid is found in cooked asparagus, raw spinach, and lentils. It’s especially crucial for the first few weeks of pregnancy as it helps to prevent brain and spine defects. It’s also a crucial nutrient for women thanks to its ability to lower the risk of colon and breast cancer.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 is found in egg yolks, sardines, and cod liver oil. It’s necessary to help strengthen your teeth, bones, and muscles while also protecting against autoimmune diseases, breast, and ovarian cancers.
- Calcium: Women tend not to get enough calcium. Increase your intake with skim milk, almonds, and tofu to reduce your symptoms of PMS and maintain your blood pressure.
- Iron: Iron is most often found in lean beef, shrimp, and chickpeas. It’s crucial for proper brain function and iron can also boost your energy levels.
Cover photo by The Zoe Report