Hot or cold out, a bowl of soup is delicious at any time. We especially love this vegan Real Simple recipe for Three-Bean Chili with Spring Pesto. Even better, it’s simple to make with just ten ingredients and five steps.
- 1 tablespoon and ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes, including the liquid
- 15.5-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 15.5-ounce can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5-ounce can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Crust bread, for dipping
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and carrots. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid, 2 cups of water, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chickpeas, cannellini, and kidney beans. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Combine the garlic, pine nuts, parsley, remaining ¼ cup oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the chili in individual bowls and add a spoonful of pest to the top. Serve with bread.