Indulge your sweet tooth with our healthy and Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Calories per serving: 200 per serving
Chocolate cake. Is there ever a bad time to indulge? We don’t think so! Unfortunately, our hips don’t always agree. Now, thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie, we can embrace our chocolate cake craving regularly with her Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe. It has less than 200 calories per serving and can be made vegan and gluten-free.
- 2/3 CUP COCONUT MILK
- 1 ½ TEASPOON VINEGAR
- ½ CUP AGAVE (HONEY OR MAPLE SYRUP)
- ¼ CUP MELTED COCONUT OIL
- 2 TEASPOONS PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/3 CUP COCOA POWDER
- 1 CUP GLUTEN-FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- ½ TEASPOON SALT
- ¾ TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- ½ CUP MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8-inch square or round baking pan.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, vinegar, agave, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Then, set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Stir together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until it is evenly mixed. Be careful not to over-stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack, or until the cake is light and fluffy. Insert a toothpick into the middle until it comes out clean.
- Top with the chocolate icing of your choice.
Recipe via Yummly.com
Image via Pinterest