Spinach & ricotta pie
Do you have a large family to feed? This spinach and ricotta pie will do the trick!
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 40 g melted butter
- 2 egg yolks (keep whites for pie filling)
- 500ml ricotta
- 2 bunches of spinach or 1 bunch of silverbeet chopped
- 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites (left over from base)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together rice, butter and egg yolks. Gently press the mixture into the base of a flan dish or similar and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, place ricotta into a bowl and separate using a potato masher. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Place on top of rice base, and cook for 20 minutes or until top begins to brown. So simple.
- You can add anything to the topping that you like. Mushrooms would go really well in the filling too.