We enjoy a delicious Shrimp Scampi as much as the next person. But let's be honest, it's not a very healthy seafood dish. Well, we have a solution from Fitness Magazine, Shrimp Scampi with a healthy twist.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook. Stir about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl, until smooth, and then add to the pan along with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring regularly, until the sauce thickens and the shrimp turn pink—approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables with a side of brown rice or quinoa.
4 servings per recipe
7g total fat