We’re dying for this delicious soft scrambled egg recipe submitted by Nick on Macheesmo.com. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast after a morning workout or before a long day at the office or around town. The recipe below comfortably serves four people.
- 8 large eggs
- 12 spears asparagus, chopped
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Scallions, chopped
- Capers, garnish
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and add in the milk. Add a pinch of black pepper and scramble with a fork.
- In a large skillet, drizzle the olive oil over medium heat. Then, once it’s hot, add in the chopped asparagus and red onions. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
- Add the tbs of butter to the hot pan and then pour in the scrambled eggs.
- Allow the eggs to cook over medium heat for about one minute, or until they begin to firm up, then turn the heat to low and stir the eggs regularly. It’s important to keep an eye on the eggs and ensure they don’t overcook.
- When the eggs are only slightly runny, fold in the salmon, goat cheese, scallions, and capers. Gently fold the ingredients into the eggs over low heat for about 30 seconds.
For slightly healthier alternatives, replace the milk with coconut or almond milk, and exchange a few of the eggs for egg whites only. We also like to mix it up by replacing the goat cheese with feta cheese, and changing out the red onion for sweet or yellow onion.
Image courtesy of Macheesmo.com