If you’re looking for a healthy and fun snack that has less than 250 calories and is refined sugar free, we have the snack for you. The Peanut Butter Popcorn recipe from Bloom Bella Wellness is to die for. And fair warning, addiction is completely possible and expected, but that’s okay, it’s healthy! So, let yourself indulge and let your kids indulge with this deliciously evil snack.
- ½ cup popping corn
- 2.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter (crunch or smooth is fine)
- Pinch of salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large and deep pot (you’ll be popping the corn in the same pot).
- Once the oil is hot, add the popping corns and cover with lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until all the corn has popped. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, peanut butter, and salt. Heat over low heat for 1-2 minutes, until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining ½ tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Pour the peanut mixture over the popcorn and mix with a large spoon to combine.
- Spread the popcorn onto baking paper and separate each popcorn piece. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes until the peanut mixture hardens.
If you have a recipe you want to share with us and see on our blog, head to our Contact page and submit your recipe or email us at [email protected]