Eating healthy is key to living a long and happy life. Unfortunately, it’s not the easiest thing in the world. When our days are busy, the last thing we want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking a delicious and healthy meal. Thankfully, you don’t have to spend hours to eat a good meal. Check out our favorite healthy dinner recipes that let you eat well in little time.
This recipe is ideal for those nights when you don’t have a lot of time, and you want leftovers for the next day. Each quiche serves eight people and is packed with such much goodness; you’ll want to eat it every day for a week.
It only takes thirty minutes of prep and fifty minutes to bake.
For the crust:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water (mix together)
- 1 cup whole almonds (ground into flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats (ground into flour)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2.5 tablespoon water (as needed)
For the quiche:
- 1 block (14-oz) firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 leek or yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups (8-oz) cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed (finely chopped)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4-1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a round 10-inch pan or a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Rinse the tofu and wrap it in tea towels with a few books placed on top to press out the water.
- For the crust: Whisk together the flax and water in a small bowl and set aside. It will turn into gel as you work.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oat flour, parsley, oregano, and salt.
- Add the flax mixture and oil to the large bowl. Stir until mostly combined, and add additional water until the dough is sticky (the dough should stick together when you press it between your fingers).
- Crumble the dough evenly over the base of the greased pan. Press the mixture evenly into the pan. Start at the center and work your way outward and up the sides of the pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough so air can escape.
- Bake the crust at 350F for 13-16 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm to your touch. Set aside to cool while you prepare the filling. Increase oven temperature to 375F.
- For the filling: Break the tofu into 4 pieces and place in food processor. Process until the texture is smooth and creamy. Add a tiny splash of almond milk to improve texture as needed.
- In a skillet, sauté the leek (or onion) and garlic over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms and salt, and cook on medium-high heat until the mushrooms are mostly dry, about 10-12 minutes. Add the herbs, sundried tomatoes, spinach, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix until combined and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat, add the processed tofu, and stir until thoroughly combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the filling into baked crust and smooth out with a spoon.
- Bake quiche, uncovered, at 375F for 33-37 minutes. The quiche should be firm to the touch.
- Cool the quiche for 15-20 minutes on a cooling rack before serving.
Who says a burger can’t be healthy? As long as you use the right, lean meat, and healthy toppings, a burger for dinner can be a great idea. Our Mushroom burger can be made with ground turkey and topped with exotic mushrooms olive oil, and multi-grain buns.
The best news, this healthy dinner recipe only takes 25 minutes to make so you can get to eating right away.
If you’re not super hungry, but you want something delicious and easy for dinner, then you’ll love our Vegan Stuffed Zucchini recipe. It only takes 30 minutes to make, and you can eat as many as you like and not have to worry about the calories or anything else.
Each zucchini is stuffed with online, garlic, mushrooms, and chickpeas. Then, it’s flavored with coriander, cumin, parsley, salt, and pepper. It’s simple, delicious and smells like heaven while it’s baking.
Sometimes you just need carbs and cheese. When you’re craving pasta that’ll make your mouth water, then you need our lasagna healthy dinner recipe. It’s not quick, it will take you about 3 hours and 15 minutes to make, but when you spoon it out of the pan, it will all be worth it.
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons basil
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- ¾ pound low fat mozzarella
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the turkey sausage, ground turkey, onion, and garlic for about 15 minutes—until browned. Stir often.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, pepper, and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for about 1.5 hours. Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large pot, bring 5-6 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles. Stir occasionally until the noodles are firm to bite, but cooked through—about 8 minutes. Drain the noodles.
- Grab a large 9×13 baking dish. Spread 1.5 cups of the turkey mixture on the bottom. Layer 6 noodles lengthwise over the sauce. Layer on ½ the ricotta over the noodles. Layer on 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Next, spoon 1.5 cups turkey sauce over the mozzarella. Then, cover with ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers outlined in #5—starting with the noodles—and then top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with aluminum foil, but avoid touching the cheese to keep from sticking.
- Place the dish in the over and cook for about 25 minutes, until the sauce is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Then, remove the foil and cook for another 25 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Yours in healthy eating,
Image through Pinterest