Mushroom and Onion Soup
The perfect recipe to beat the cold days by Keira Guasco of The Fashion of Food
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ½ white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- White mushrooms, shaved or sliced thin
- Green onion, sliced thin
- In a large pot or saucepan on high heat, place broth & water.
- Add prepared veggies & bring to a boil.
- Once at a rolling boil, turn down heat & simmer for 10-20 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Strain veggies from broth and place broth back into pot. You can either toss veggies or keep them if you like and add them to your soup.
- Serve about one cup of broth & 6-8 mushrooms, sprinkle a few green onions & fried onion strips. Don’t forget a bottle of Nigori Saki!