Eating healthy at work isn’t easy. In fact, it can be downright difficult. Well, we have a solution. This delicious Mediterranean Wrap from Eating Well is filled with protein, fresh herbs, and just a hint of lemon. We guarantee that you’ll be begging to eat this for lunch every day.
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup couscous, whole-wheat
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 4 10-inch spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine parsley, mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long narrow strips about ¼ to ½ inch wide.
- Toss the chicken strips in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the combined mixture and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Place the strips in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked through, a few minutes per side.
- Cut the grilled strips into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir the remaining parsley mixture into the couscous and add the tomato, cucumber, and olives. Add a sprinkle of feta cheese to taste.