Who said healthy food had to be boring?
We recommend this tasty treat to be served room temperature or even heated slightly for ease of digestion.
Check out Alyse Cocliff on her website for more information and delicious recipes: anappleaday.net.au
- 1 frozen banana (remove skin before you freeze)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cacao
- 1.5 cups of milk (I use unsweetened almond milk, but pick your favourite)
- 4 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional, but worth it if you don’t have a nut allergy)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Serve immediately!
- If you wanted to add some greens, baby spinach works perfectly.
- Adding good fats to this smoothie (peanut butter), will slow down the release of insulin, preventing a sugar-spike, enabling you to stay focused and in control. This will also ensure you feel fuller for longer.