Stop right were you are. You don’t have to look any further. We’ve got a healthy chocolate muffin recipe that is sure to tickle your taste buds and sooth your sweet tooth. The muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free. Thank you Bloom Bella Wellness and Karen Russell for your great recipe!
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup honey OR rice malt syrup (vegan)
- 12 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a food processor, mix all of the ingredients at once on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Stop when it reaches a batter consistency and make sure to scrape down the sides of the food processor once during mixing.
- Spoon a coop of mix into each cup of a 12-cup muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minute, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy the muffins warm, or allow to cool on a baking rack.
These muffins can be stored in a freezer up to a month or should be eaten within 3 days while storing in an airtight container. Each muffin is just 183 calories and contains 10g of sugar.
Find more great healthy chocolate recipes and inspiration by following Bloom Bella Wellness on Facebook and Instagram @BloomBellaWellness.