What can we say? Dessert is our favorite meal of the day! We particularly love dessert that allows us to indulge without feeling guilty. That’s why we adore this Chocolate Tofu Mousse recipe from Health.com. We could have two servings and not feel too guilty.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup soy milk (or coconut milk)
- ½ vanilla bean, scraped
- 10 ounces silken tofu, drained
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Place chopped bittersweet chocolate in a bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the soy milk and scraped vanilla bean, and bring to a boil.
- Pour milk and vanilla over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
- Remove the vanilla bean and whisk until smooth.
- In a blender, blend the tofu until it’s creamy—about 10 seconds.
- Add the milk and chocolate blend and mix for another 20-30 seconds until smooth.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Top with berries, as desired. Make 5 servings.
For this simple dessert, you can enjoy ¾ cup mousse for only 291 calories!