This is a quick and easy yet healthy recipe from Deastany Butler of Finding Vegetarian
- 1 cup of red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- half a yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- parsley seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 green apple chopped
- 2 oz of yellow curry powder or to taste
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of quinoa, and 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Let your quinoa cook for about 15 to 20 minuets, once time is up your quinoa should be fully cooked and fluffy.
- Heat your skillet with your choice of cooking oil (I use grapeseed oil) to a medium high setting and throw your onion, garlic, and asparagus in the skillet.
- After 3 minutes of cooking your garlic, onion, and asparagus, add your curry powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes to the stove. - Mix all of these ingredients together until the curry powder starts to stick to the bottom of the pan (browning) and then add your coconut milk.
- Let that come to a boil and then add your quinoa, apples, and peas.
- Cook for 5 more minuets mixing everything together, letting all the flavors marinate.