- 180 g of buckwheat flour
- 3 eggs separated
- 170 ml of milk of your choice
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large tsp of Baking Soda
- Separate eggs, placing yolks into a larger bowl. Add flour, milk and baking soda to the yolks and stir until well combined, forming a smooth batter.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- Using a spoon, fold egg whites into the batter to combine.
- Heat a nob of butter in a fry pan and cook pancakes one at a time, turning when bubbles rise to the surface. Enjoy anyway you like them! If you’re keeping sugar on the low down like I am, you might like to try adding corn to the last stages of the cooking process – in the pan.
- (to do this – once batter is in the pan, top with corn before flipping over).