If you’re not a morning person, waking up can be a struggle. Personally, we can be grumps until we get a cup of tea or a hot shower, but that’s not the best way to start your day. Instead, use these positive ways to begin your day and watch the difference they make.
- Wake up with a smile. You can decide how your day goes by choosing to smile first thing in the morning. If you start your day joyfully, nothing will be able to bring you down. “Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.” —C. Fields
- Be creative. Sing, dance, write, or read as soon as you wake up. Give yourself five minutes alone to use your creative energy and indulge in something you love and are passionate about.
- Be grateful. Every morning, count your blessings. Even if you have a really tough day ahead, find at least ten things that you can be grateful for and list them out as you start your day. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” —Marcus Aurelius
- Tell someone you love them. Most of the time, when we wake up, we’re focused on ourselves as we frantically prepare for the day ahead. A positive way to start the day is to take a few moments to tell your kids, spouse, parent, or best friend how much you love them.
- Look great. Unless you’re staring in a movie, few of us wakeup looking like rock stars, but that doesn’t mean we have to go through the day with bed head. Take a shower, get ready, wear your best outfit, and admire yourself in the mirror. “Everyday is a fashion show and the world is the runway.” —Coco Chanel
- Expect marvelous things to happen: If you want a great start to your day, expect a great day ahead. Everything can happen for you if you expect it to happen. Believe that good things will occur and they will.