If you’re anything like us, you love your hair. You love dying it, styling it, cutting it, and just throwing it up in a ponytail. Any look is a good look when it comes to your hair. Well, that’s not true. When your hair is suffering from dryness, split ends, and frizz it can feel like no matter what you do your hair looks like a mess. Thankfully, we’ve pulled together the best home remedies for glossy hair.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the best ingredients to provide nourishment to your hair follicles. As a good source of protein, fatty acids, and lecithin, eggs can help repair damaged and dull hair by adding moisture. For glossy hair, try this egg hair recipe:
- Mix 2 egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then, dilute the mixture with about a half-cup of water. Slowly and thoroughly massage the mask into your scalp and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse with cold (not hot) water.
- Beer: Beer isn’t just for drinking; it’s an excellent hair tonic. The proteins (hops and malt) in beer help to repair damaged hair. We recommend this beer hair rinse:
- Use one bottle or can of IPA beer at room temperature and transfer it to a spray bottle. In the shower, wash your hair normally and squeeze out the water. Then, generously spray the beer throughout your hair. You can leave it on overnight and rinse in the morning or rinse after letting it sit for two minutes.
- Coconut Oil: If you want really glossy hair, apply coconut oil regularly. Organic and unrefined works best. Simply apply it to your hair and massage it for a few minutes. Then, let it sit for 30 minutes before washing your hair like normal.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is surprisingly packed full of amino acids, protein, and antioxidants that can work wonders for your hair. We particularly love this mayonnaise hair treatment:
- Apply mayonnaise to freshly cleansed, damp hair—the way you would apply conditioner. Focus on the ends in particular and avoid your roots if you have fine or thin hair. Put on a shower cap and leave in for 15-30 minutes. Then, cleanse with a gentle shampoo.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: If you’re looking for a fabulous conditioner that can make your hair soft, shiny, and moisturized, use a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water. Just mix equal parts of both and massage it into your scalp. Then, let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it out. Viola! Glossy hair.