We all know that the store doesn’t always have the best answer to our questions and issues. Cosmetics bought at the store can be so chemically enhanced that they do the opposite of what they claim. That’s where homemade moisturizers come in.
Whether you have dry or oily skin, organic and healthy moisturizers are key to glowing skin. So, next time you start your regimen of Skin Magic Tea, make sure you also include our homemade moisturizers.
Homemade Moisturizer Benefits
If you want glowing skin, then it’s time to stop buying chemical-laden beauty products. The homemade alternatives are always so much better.
Why do we love them?
- Simplicity: Homemade moisturizers typically contain ingredients you already have in your pantry, and they’re simple to make.
- Great for Your Skin: A good moisturizer creates a barrier between your skin and the outside world, so you stay hydrated. Glowing skin needs that protection.
- Long Lasting: Our homemade moisturizer recipes are long lasting. You can store them in or out of the fridge for weeks.
- Variable Quantities: Unlike products you buy at the store, which either are too large or too small, you can control how much homemade moisturizer you make at a time.
So, now you know why we love homemade moisturizers for glowing skin, what should you make?
If you have dry skin, you know how difficult it can be to stay hydrated all day long. Dry skin is caused by a multitude of issues including the weather, your soap, your natural oil, aging, hormones, and your health. If you have dry skin and want to exchange it for glowing skin, try this ten-minute and four-ingredient homemade moisturizer recipe.
- ½ cup olive oil (almond oil is okay too)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup beeswax pellets
- 10 drops essential oil (choose your favorite)
- Combine the olive oil, coconut oil, and beeswax into a heatproof jar.
- Place the jar in a saucepan fill with water ¾ of the way up the jar.
- Heat on the stove over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Empty the saucepan, after removing the jar, and refill with cold water. Place the jar back into the saucepan with the cold water and let it sit for another 5 minutes.
- Add your essential oil and then use an electric whisk to quickly whip the ingredients together until they are thick and creamy.
Oily skin is a different problem from dry skin. It can be caused by your genetics, dirt that’s clogging your pores, or the lack of natural oils in your skin, which causes you to produce even more oil. When you have oily skin, you have to be extra careful about the moisturizer you use. That’s why we love this homemade recipe for glowing skin.
- Fresh milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of lime
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Take a clean cup and pour about a quarter cup of milk. Then add the olive oil and mix well.
- Finally, pour in the lime and stir again until your moisturizer is ready.
This simple recipe uses the lactic acid in milk to soften your skin, the olive oil to make your skin healthy, and the lime to remove dead skin cells and clear your skin.
Yours in skin care,
Image via Pinterest