Are you struggling to get rid of a nasty, lingering cough? We’ve all been there and we hate it. There’s nothing worse than starting to feel better after a sickness, but you have a cough that you just can’t get rid of. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled 6 awesome homemade cough remedies for you to try.
- Turmeric: Boil half a cup of water and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of black pepper. Boil for two to three minutes and add one tablespoon of honey. Drink until your cough goes away.
- Ginger: Ginger is one of the most popular natural cures for a cough. Just cut some fresh ginger into small slices and crush slightly. Then boil in a cup of water and drink. You can also add some lemon juice and honey.
- Lemon: Lemons are filled with vitamin C and can help reducing inflammation to help your cough. A homemade cough remedy syrup includes three tablespoons of lemon juice, ¼ cup honey, and two tablespoons coconut oil.
- Garlic: Garlic is both antibacterial and antimicrobial. Boil two to three cloves of garlic in a cup of water and add a teaspoon of oregano. Cool to room temperature, add honey, and drink.
- Onion: One of the simplest homemade cough remedies is to cut onions and breathe in the strong vapor. Or, make a cough syrup from baked onion juice, comfrey tea, and honey.
- Hot Milk with Honey: Hot milk and honey can relieve a dry cough and reduce chest pain. For best results, drink before you go to sleep.