Every morning is the perfect morning for an English breakfast. But when you want to brew an authentic cup of English Breakfast Tea, where do you start?
- Pick Your Tea: First, you have to choose the right English Breakfast Tea made with black tea leaves. Our tea made with organic black tea handpicked in Sri Lanka is an excellent choice.
- Boil the Water: Don’t use old water that’s been sitting in your teapot. Use fresh, filtered water and boil it to at least 200 degrees (F) or 93 degrees (C).
- Prepare Your Tea: Place one teabag in your mug and, then, slowly pour boiling water over the teabag and stir briefly.
- Wait: Let your tea steep for at one to two minutes for your cup. You want to make sure you get the full flavor. Then, remove the tea bag—never squeeze it.
- Add Milk & Sugar: A real English Breakfast Tea comes complete with a little bit of low-fat milk and sugar. The perfect cup of tea should have a dark orange-brown look.
- Enjoy: Now, head outside to your garden, sit back, and enjoy your cup of tea with the morning paper or a good book. That’s the life!