Acne. If only it were just a teenage issue. The truth is that you can get acne into your 30s, 40s, and even 50s. In fact, 40-50 million Americans deal with acne. You are not alone. Unfortunately, while there are hundreds if not thousands of tips and tricks about getting rid of acne, there is no miracle acne treatment. There are multiple causes of acne and so what works for one person, may not help you at all. However, when it comes to the best acne treatments, we do have some suggestions.
Acne and Your Lifestyle
At Your Tea, you’ve heard us talk about digestion constantly. That’s because your insides affect everything, including your skin. Beating a breakout isn’t just about putting lotions or creams on your skin—we love TeaFace, but it can only do so much. To improve your skin problems, the best acne treatments start on the inside.
There are actually ten areas in your life that have the biggest impact on your skin:
- Sleep: Stress increases by 14% for every hour of sleep you lose at night, and stress increases your glucocorticoid production, which is directly related to your skin structure and function.
- Diet: Too much sugar and insulin in your diet and blood can create pore-clogging cells. Eating a balanced and healthy diet can help you have fewer breakouts.
- Exercise: Exercise decreases your stress, which we already talked about, but it also helps clear your skin by increasing blood circulation.
- Water: Water flushes out toxins. The more hydrated you stay, the fewer toxins in your body and the less likely you’ll have to deal with acne.
- Sun: We already know that the sun isn’t good for us, but it can also worsen your acne. Sunburns can cause more dark spots and inflame your acne in the worst way, so always use a noncomedogenic sunscreen.
Best Acne Treatments
Like we said, there’s no perfect acne cure, but there are some things you can do to decrease your chance of a breakout and help your acne disappear more quickly.
- Skin Magic Tea: Drinking Skin Magic Tea daily deals with two lifestyle issues: hydration and diet. Also, the ingredients in the tea have been specifically designed and combined to help give you glowing, healthy skin.
- Stop Picking: Don’t pop your zits and stop touching your face. Your hands are germ centers, and every time you touch your face, you’re transferring your hand oils and germs to your face. This goes for your cell phone too. Keep it wiped down and clean, your phone is covered with thousands of bacteria.
- Stay Moisturized: When you’re dealing with acne, it’s normal to think that you need to use every prescription medication available five times a day. The truth is, dry skin has tiny cracks in which bacteria can breed. Plus, excessive flaking can lead to clogged pores. Instead, wash your face, once and at most twice a day, and always use noncomedogenic moisturizer.
- Cut Out Dairy and Sugar: Dairy and sugar are both bad for your skin. Dairy can kick your oil glands into high gear, and sugar revs your hormones and adrenal glands, harming your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Similar to benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil is an effective antimicrobial agent that is effective in treating acne.
Acne may be a part of your life, but there are things you can do to help you achieve the healthy glowing skin you’ve always wanted.