If you suffer from stress, fear, and anxiety, your world may seem like a shadow of the one you want. It’s a miserable way to live and, unfortunately, all too common. If you have anxiety issues, it’s time to take control of your life again with these five techniques to fight back.
- Take a Pause: When anxiety or stress overwhelms you, pause. A 15-minute break to walk the block, make a cup of Sleep Tea, Happy Tea or Sex Tea; both contain an ingredient known to help ease anxiety and treat insomnia.
- Go with the Flow: If your anxiety gets really bad and you feel a panic attack coming, don’t fight it. Stay where you are and feel the panic. Breathe slowly and allow it to wash over you. The goal is to get used to coping with panic.
- Embrace Your Fears: Sometimes the best way to overcome your anxiety is to face it over and over again. If you panic one day getting into an elevator, the best thing you can do is get in the same elevator tomorrow.
- Look for the Truth: Panic happens because we get lost in fantasy. Instead, learn to embrace reality. For example, if you fear an attack when walking down a dark alley, remember that the chance of an actual attack is very low.
- Accept Your Failures: No one is perfect, and you shouldn’t expect perfection as you try to overcome your anxiety and stress. Bad days and setbacks will always happen. Accept your failure. Allow yourself to struggle but keep pushing forward.
The steps above are best for everyday anxiety and stress. If you suffer from and anxiety-related condition, talk to your doctor.