Nothing can stop you in your tracks more quickly than a headache. Whether you suffer from migraines or more mild headaches, they ruin your day. Next time you feel a headache coming on, before you reach for the pain medication, try some of these natural headache remedies.
- Lavender Oil: Inhale lavender oil by adding two to four drops to every two to three cups of boiling water. You can also rub the oil on your temples or where the headache is worst.
- Cayenne Pepper: Dilute ½ teaspoon of cayenne in 4 ounces of warm water. Soak a cotton swab and then gently apply the swap to the inside of each nostril.
- Eat Nuts: Instead of popping pain pills for a natural headache remedy eat a handful of almonds (although this may not work for migraine sufferers).
- Feverfew: Find one ounce of fresh or dried feverfew flowers and add it to one pint of boiling water, let it steep for ten minutes, strain, and then drink half a cup twice a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Compress: Pour ¼ cup apple cider vinegar into a large bowl and then add about three cups of boiling water. Place a towel over you head and hold your face over the bowl for five to ten minutes. When you’re done, drink a glass of cool water.
- Consume Flaxseed: Flaxseed is omega-3 fatty acid rich, which means it can help reduce inflammation a common headache cause.
- Munch on Ginger: Cut three quarter-sized slices of raw ginger root. Gently simmer the pieces in two cups of covered water for 30 minutes. Remove the ginger and then sip the water slowly and breathe in the steam.
- Peppermint Oil: Massage peppermint oil into your temples, the back of your jaw, and your forehead and then breathe as deeply as possible while sipping water.
- Sip Hangover Tea: Our Hangover Tea was created to help alleviate headaches. Brew a cup and then get drinking.