Are you shiny and oily or dry and scaly?
That’s right! We’re talking about your skin. Every person has unique skin, and while that’s great, it’s also a pain. It means that no one remedy will work for everyone.
If you suffer from dry, sensitive skin, we hear you! There’s no worse feeling than moving your skin and feeling like it’s about to crack. To help you out, we’ve compiled our top nine beauty tips to moisturize your dry skin.
- Honey: Honey is a great product for dry skin. It smoothens out wrinkles and leaves your skin silky soft.
- Egg Mix: Mix one egg yolk with a tablespoon of orange juice, a teaspoon of castor oil, a teaspoon of olive oil, rose water, a spoonful of honey, and a few drops of lime juice. Try all of these egg recipes.
- Oil Cleansing: Oil cleanses your skin without removing your skin’s natural oils. All you need to do is add a few drops of olive, coconut, or almond oil to a washcloth.
- Vitamin-E: Use moisturizer that’s enriched with Vitamin-E to help maintain your skin’s moisture balance. Try this at home lotion.
- Avoid Fragrant Lotion: Fragrances/Deodorant pull moisture away from your skin. Instead, make your own lotion. Combine four tablespoons of Aloe Vera, two teaspoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of glycerin/coconut oil.
- Exfoliate with Sugar: Sugar is a gentle and natural scrub that is perfect for dry skin.
- Mango Mask: Take a ripe mango and turn the pulp into mush. Add a tablespoon of honey and three tablespoons of olive oil. Leave on for an hour.
- Sunscreen: The sun can dry out your skin terribly. Slather on sunscreen before heading outside to stay moisturized.
- Use a Humidifier: Sometimes all the lotion in the world can’t help your skin. In those cases, try to avoid being in dry, hot rooms by using a humidifier to disperse moisture in the air.
Stay tuned for a healthy tips article next week specifically for oily skin.