Unfortunately, in this fast-paced world, anxiety issues are common. Tens of millions of individuals, from all over the world and all walks of life, struggle with anxiety daily, or, at least, more often than they should. If you find yourself anxious on a regular basis, we’ve got the tips and tricks you need to overcome your anxiety
- Accept Negative Thoughts: Stop trying to repress your negative thoughts. Accept that they exist and then, work to overcome them.
- Balance Negative with Positive: Every night, grab a piece of paper and create two columns. On one side, write everything that troubles you and on the other, write everything that is favorable. Make sure to create at least one favorable thing for every negative.
- Recognize that You’re Okay: Anxiety issues can creep up unexpectedly. At least once a day, recognize that, at that very moment, you are doing okay.
- Analyze Your Thoughts: You need to figure out what’s going on inside your head by writing out your thoughts, examining the meaning of your self-statements, and making new actions to change your anxiety.
- Rely on Emotional Connections: Rely on your friends and family to reduce your anxiety issues.
- Expose Yourself to Your Fears: If you’re anxious in crowds, regularly attend meetings or head to a mall where people surround you so you can start to anticipate positive outcomes. Learn about exposure therapy.
- Trivialize Tasks: It’s important to realize that not everything is the end of the world. Learn to realize how trivial certain tasks are so you feel less anxious.
Image via @sofiaelarabii