We’ve all experienced it. Sugar cravings. You’re going along with your day when “BAM!” you’re craving a nice donut or ice-cold soda. It’s a natural part of life. Sweets are actually the first taste that humans prefer from birth. Sugar releases endorphins to help make us feel good. A little sugar and sweet is all well and good, but too much can be an issue. If you find yourself constantly in a state of sugar craving, try the following tips:
- Give in a little. A small sweet, such as a single cookie, can help you get past the craving.
- Avoid processed foods. Processed food is addictive and can encourage your sugar cravings.
- Drink more water. Sometimes our body craves sugar when we’re actually dehydrated and craving water.
- Go for a walk. Before you give in to temptation, try getting away for a little while with a short, brisk walk outside.
- Eat regularly. If you try starving yourself of you miss a meal, you could crave sugar in response to needing more nutrients and food.
- Do a cleanse. Try our Digestive Herbs to help you beat your sugar cravings.
- Grab a piece of gum. Chewing gum helps to reduce food cravings in general and can help you avoid your sugar craving.
It’s not easy to beat the sugar cravings, but with a little discipline, the help of Teatox, and the tips above, you can cut back on your daily sugar intake for good.