We all know how important it is to drink water. Our bodies require a certain amount of water each day to function at their peak. For many of us, drinking enough water daily can be an exercise in frustration. Whether you hate the taste (or lack thereof) of water, or you’re not a person who drinks a lot of liquids, getting more water into your body is key to a healthy life. We’ve got the tips and tricks you need to drink more water every day.
- Add Flavor: If you hate the taste of water, then try adding your own flavor. Opt for natural enhancements by adding a slice of orange, lime, or even a few pieces of strawberry. Try these 10 Natural Flavored Water Recipes.
- Eat Spicy: Eating a spicy lunch is a great way to drink more water. Your body will crave water to wash down the hot peppers. Plus, studies show that hot peppers boost your metabolism.
- Drink Tea: Still can’t stomach plain old water? Try drinking tea instead. Any of the teas on Your Tea can be used to boost your daily water intake. We suggest our Energy Tea, so you also get a boost of energy and concentration.
- Use Your Phone: Yes, there are plenty of apps to help you drink more water. Try Waterlogged for your iPhone or Water for Your Body. Apps can transform drinking water into a fun game.
- Keep it Close: Keep a bottle of water on you at all times. That way there’s no excuse not to take a swig of water while you’re out and about. And use a refillable bottle so you can keep track of how many bottles you drink over the course of the day.
- Set a Goal: Make a daily goal for the amount of water you want to drink and then stick to it. If you’re using a single water bottle, plan to drink one full bottle before lunch, two bottles after lunch, and one before bed. Viola!
- Use a Straw: Straws help you drink more water more quickly. It’s a win-win and an easy fix.