Are you dealing with a food belly? We’ve all been there. You eat a big meal and BAM!, suddenly, you look like you’re pregnant because you’re bloating from so much food. It’s a terrible feeling and not a great look either. The good news is that you don’t have to keep dealing with it. You can beat your belly bloating with these seven easy tips.
- Avoid Salt: If you’re bloating, the last thing you need is salt. Put down the potato chips and avoid the saltshaker. High-sodium foods can increase your bloat.
- Drink Water: When you’re bloated, drinking more water seems like the last thing you should do, but it’s actually the best thing for you. You can bloat because you don’t have enough fluids, so drinking water can actually reduce your fluid retention.
- Limit Gassy Foods: Don’t reach for the beans, broccoli, pears, and onions if you’re feeling belly bloat. Gas is a leading cause of bloating, and certain foods can make it worse. This also means avoiding dairy.
- Eat Fiber: Grab some berries, avocado, kiwi, and whole grains and add them to your regular diet. Fiber helps everything move more quickly through your digestive system so you can prevent future bloating.
- Eat Slowly: Stop scarfing down your food! Eating quickly can cause air to get trapped in your stomach and cause bloating.
- Grab Tropical Food: Did you know that tropical fruits like pineapple can help ease bloating? That’s because pineapple is high in the enzyme bromelain, which helps break down protein and ease digestion.
- Enjoy Yogurt: A spoonful of Greek Yogurt contains bifidobacteria, which can reduce flatulence and bloating. If you can’t handle yogurt, pop a probiotic supplement instead.