Stress is inevitable. Just get behind the wheel of a car for 10 minutes and any relaxation you managed to obtain is instantly a distant memory! And don’t even get us started on work. If stress is getting to you, take a time out and try these relaxation tips.
- Meditate: A few minutes of meditation each day can help ease your anxiety, and it’s simple. Just sit up straight with both feet on the floor. Close your eyes and recite positive mantras of peace, “I love myself.”
- Breathe Deeply: When you feel like you’re about to explode the best thing you can do is take five minutes to breathe deeply. Close your eyes and slowly inhale and exhale starting in your abdomen.
- Drink Tea: Tea is known for having a calming effect on your brain and body.
- Talk to a Friend: Stress is more difficult to handle when you’re alone. The best thing you can do is reach out to a friend or loved one for a refreshing chat.
- Be Present: Most stress has to do with situations in the future or past that we cannot control. One of our favorite relaxation tips is to let go of things outside of the present and only focus on what’s directly in front of you.
- Smile and Laugh: Laughter heals your body and soul. Watch a few funny videos online or read some jokes to feel relaxed.
- Listen to Music: Soothing music can lower your blood pressure, heart rate, and anxiety. Create a playlist with nature sounds and soft music to help you blow off steam.
Photo via @sarahwes