We spend a lot of time on our hair. We color it, style it, cut it, and change it on a regular basis. What we sometimes forget to do is take care of it. Your hair deserves proper care. If you want shinier and more beautiful hair, follow our seven healthy hair tips.
- Make a Hair Mask: Mash a ripe avocado with one egg and apply it to wet hair. Avocados are rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids that can help restore luster to your hair. If you apply it once a week and leave it on for 20 minutes, you’ll have healthy hair in one month.
- Develop Natural Highlights: Instead of getting your hair colored at the salon, give yourself natural highlights by squeezing a little bit of lemon onto your hair before heading out into the sun. It will subtly streak your hair without damage.
- Use Botanical Oils: Oils such as olive, jojoba, and sweet almond oil are wonderful elixirs for your hair. If you have thicker hair, try coconut oil. Simply dampen your hair and apply a small amount of oil until your hair is covered. Leave in for 30 minutes and then rinse and shampoo like usual.
- Use Less Hairspray: You only need three spritz of hairspray each time you style. Too much hairspray can weigh down your hair and leave it flat.
- Wait Between Coloring: If you like to color your hair, make sure you don’t go too often. For healthy hair, wait four weeks between single-process coloring and, at least, eight weeks between high- or low-light coloring.
- Use a Humidifier: Particularly during the winter, cold weather can dry out your hair. If you want to keep your hair bouncy and light, use a humidifier in your room at night.
- Don’t Dry Completely: To reduce damage to your tresses, don’t dry your hair 100%. Instead, dry your hair until 90 percent of the moisture is removed and then stop. Let it air-dry the rest of the way.