Are you tired of split ends? We are! We want healthy, happy, and shining hair, not hair that looks like we’ve curled it one too many times. Before you chop off your hair and call it quits, try these six tips to med split ends.
- Use Leave-in Conditioner: Conditioners that you rinse out in the shower do little to help your hair. But leave-in conditioners add extra protection that stay with you all day long. Give Pureology Essential Repair Split End Correcting a try.
- Blow-Dry the Right Way: Did you know that there’s a right and a wrong way to blow-dry your hair? Always use a nozzle on your dryer and direct the flow of air in a downward direction. Use a round brush and section it off as you go.
- Try a Brazilian Blowout: This in-salon treatment mends and seals broken hair fibers back together using amino acids. Wondering if it will work for you, check out these 13 facts about the Brazilian Blowout.
- Cut Back on Color: Okay, we love coloring our hair, but it’s really not healthy, and it won’t give you luscious locks. Instead, cut back on the color and try to stretch your appointments to eight weeks or longer.
- Apply Hair Serum: Once a week, on the ends of your hair, apply a hair serum specifically to help your split ends. Like this Intense Hydrating Mask.
- Try Egg Shampoo: An egg shampoo is simple. Just combine an ounce of rosemary, a pint of hot water, and one egg. Steep the rosemary and hot water for 20 minutes, let it cool, beat in the egg, and then massage the mix into your hair and rinse like regular shampoo.