Do you need an afternoon pick-me-up at work that boosts your brainpower? Believe us; we get it. By three o’clock, our brains are fried, and we just want to go to bed and start the next day. If you’ve ever felt like us, you understand the need for healthy snacks. The right snacks can help you get over the afternoon slump and boost your creativity, improve your concentration, help you pay attention, remember, and learn.
- Whole Grains: Find a healthy snack packed with whole grains. Grains contain folate, B6, and thiamine to help enhance your memory and increase your focus.
- Eggs: Whether you eat a hard-boiled egg or egg salad on some crackers, eggs contain choline and protein—vital for boosting your memory, concentration, and energy levels.
- Nuts: For a late afternoon healthy snack, nothing works like a handful of nuts. Nuts, such as walnuts, contain omega-6 & 6 fatty acids, which can balance your serotonin levels and boost your mood.
- Avocado: Enjoy some guacamole or bake an avocado and egg for a boost of your healthy fats. These fats boost your concentration and your brain development.
- Dark Chocolate: Who said you can’t have a sweet snack and boost your brainpower? Dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants and flavonoids, which stimulate blood flow to the brain resulting in improved memory and concentration.
- Green Tea: Of course tea is a great healthy snack for your afternoon. It’s full of catechines and polyphenols that boost dopamine levels to increase your memory and concentration.