Our calves aren’t a part of our legs that we think about very often. For most women, it’s the thighs and the butt that are most important. But you should never underestimate the power of sexy calves. In a pair of heels, your calves are the stars. So, what exercises should you do?
- Single-Leg Calf Raise: Stand at the edge of a step or stool until only the ball of your foot is on the platform and your heel hangs off the edge. Lower your heels past the bottom of the platform and then lift onto your toes. Repeat 20 times on each leg.
- Wide–Stance Calf Raise: Stand at the edge of a step or on two separate stools. Keep your legs more than shoulder width apart. Lower your heels past the bottom of the platform then lift onto your toes. Repeat 20 times.
- Seated Calf Raise: Sit on a chair so that your knees are at a 90-degree angle, and both your feet are flat on the floor. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest on your knees. Lift your heels off the floor against the extra weight. Repeat 20 times.
- Stairs: Using the stairs at your house or at the local stadium, run up and down the stairs for 20-30 minutes. Not only is this a great aerobic workout, it tones your calves.
- Bike: Lower the pedals on your stationary bike so that your calves are forced to do all the work.
Yours in fitness,
Image via Pinterest