Feeding a large group of people? This beef hot pot is delicious and easy to make…
- 40 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms, mustard8
- 2 tbls of Oil to cook, use at discretion
- 1 Onion Chopped Roughly.
- 1 kg Shallots
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard.
- 150 ml Medium Bodied Red Wine
- 1 Medium Carrot. Grated
- 2 sticks of celery Chopped fine
- 500-900g beef joint (to suit your family) Mustard7
- 200ml Beef Stock.
- Flat leaf Parsley chopped to serve.
- Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Soak The mushrooms in 100g water. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, Add the Onions fry until soft and add the shallots brown the top and bottoms.
- Once browned stir in Wholegrain Mustard, Once evenly coated add the Red Wine, Carrot, Celery and with a slotted spoon add the mushrooms (keep the mushroom water) and season with Salt and Pepper. Mix well.
- Season the beef joint then make room in the frying pan and Brown the beef in the middle. On both sides and all round. Once browned put ONLY the Beef joint into the Hot Pot.
- Now add the Remaining Mushroom water and the beef stock into the frying pan. Bring to the boil and pour all over the beef Joint. Turn on Low for 8-10 hrs.
- Serve with steamed green vegetables