If you’re looking for a delicious vegan dish that works perfectly as the main course or the side dish, look no further than our Vegan Stuffed Zucchini recipe. Found on All Recipes, the zucchini stuffing is hearty and flavorful while being meat-free. It’s also easy, requiring just thirty minutes for prep and thirty minutes for cooking.
- 4 zucchini, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
- ½ (8 ounce) package button mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a shallow baking dish
- Scoop out the flesh of each zucchini half, be careful to leave enough flesh that the skin stays intact and keeps its shape. Chop the innards and set them aside. Place the shells in the baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add in chopped zucchini and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Finally, stir in the coriander, cumin, chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Once heated, spoon the completed mixture into the zucchini shells.
- Bake the shells for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender.
Image via Pinterest