Tiny protein bars are great snacks to use along side our teas- full off amazing ingredients to nourish your body and keep you looking and feeling great!
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (approx ½ cup of dried quinoa cooked in 1 cup of water)
- ½ cup pecans – chopped roughly
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon seat salt
- 2/3 cup dried fruit- ( eg cranberries. Goji’s, raisins ect)
- 4 medjool dates – pitted
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- All those dry ingredients are to be mixed in together, whilst the wet ingredients are to be melted over a low heat pan until liquid.
- Mix dry ingredients in with the liquid – using your hands if need be.
- Line a baking tray and spread out the mix evenly, with the height being around 2cms (you can decide the thickness of your bars using personal preference).
- Bake in an oven at around 160C – for 15 minutes. If you would like them to be a little crunchy, you can cook for longer.
- Also – if you wish – you can place the mixture into individual patty cakes and these will make for bit size pieces.