In this day and age, we’re all time poor and looking for quick and easy ways to prepare and be prepared. This recipe is healthy, delicious and quick; and can be made in 15 minutes, great for quick dinners or pre-prepared lunches. Win.
We like things hot (tea and all) so we like to add a little chilli. Serve with a side salad, some roasted or steamed veggies. Delish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon your favourite herb (we like thyme)
- Mix powders, herbs, salt & pepper in a decent sized bowl. Add the chicken and coat evenly.
- Melt butter in pan, on medium-high heat, add chicken. Cook for 6-8 minutes on one side, until brown, turn over and cook on other side until cooked through.
Tip. Leave chicken out of fridge for 30 minutes prior to cooking - this allows the meat to get to room temperature for a more even cooking time.
Tip. This recipe can be made with firm white fish also, method will be the same, though adjust cooking time.