There’s one food that, no matter how much we shouldn’t, we just can’t say no to. That food is pizza. Give us a pizza any time, night or day, and we’ll eat it without asking a single question. Cheese, dough, sauce, vegetables, and meat…What’s not to love? Thankfully, pizza is something we’ve decided we don’t have to ever give up, not when there are hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes around. One of our favorites comes from Fitness Magazine, their Strawberry-Bacon Pizza recipe.
Image credit: Recipes Hubs.
- 5 slices bacon
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2, 4.4-ounces of whole-grain naan OR a 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust
- 3 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ½ cups baby arugula
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees for naan OR 450 degrees for pizza crust.
- Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium-high heat, until crisp (about 5-7 minutes). Transfer to a plate and drain the oil. Let cool and then crumble.
- In a small, nonstick saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil of medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until it reduces by half (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and add in honey. Return to heat and simmer for 3 more minutes. Set aside.
- Top naan or pizza crust with goat cheese, strawberries, and bacon. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Top your pizza with arugula, and basil, then drizzle with the balsamic sauce to finish.
The recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving has:
- 357 calories
- 16 grams fat (7g saturated fat)
- 757 mg sodium
- 39 grams carb
- 5 grams fiber
- 14 grams protein