Have you seen, heard or played with these gems?
Basically, it’s a vegetable of the squash family which somewhat resembles a pumpkin.
The beauty being, once cooked, it can be pulled apart with a fork to resemble spaghetti. It’s coeliac friendly, low carb, sugar free and vegan. Winning.
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Your favourite sauce
- Cut in half
- Scrape out seeds
- Drizzle some oil
- Place the halves on a roasting dish
- Roast in oven at 200C (400F) for 30-45 minutes; remove once tender
- Let cool slightly, then take a fork to each half, scraping slowly to form your ‘spaghetti strands’
- Top with your favourite sauce
Can be used like this:
- Spaghetti, think bolognese, marinara or carbonara – yum
- Pad Thai
- Stuff with filling and serve in halves as a dish
- Replace potato in hash browns