Snack: Seed Cycling Energy Balls
Seed cycling is one of the easiest ways to naturally support hormone balance through each phase of your menstrual cycle. By boosting estrogen in the first phase and progesterone in the second phase, seed cycling can help relieve PMS and increase fertility.
(Makes 14 balls)
· ½ cup oats
· ½ cup pumpkin seeds
· ½ cup flax seeds
· ½ cup almond butter
· ¼ cup plant-based protein powder
· 2 tbsp cacao powder
· 2 tbsp raw organic honey
· 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
· Pinch pink Himalayan salt
· Bowl of coconut shreds
· Optional – ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Start by grinding the seeds in a spice grinder. Transfer the ground seeds to your food processor with the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) and pulse until well combined.
2. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times.
3. Scoop mixture and roll into balls, then roll in coconut shreds.
4. Freeze until solid and store in freezer or refrigerator.
Note: This recipe uses pumpkin and flax seeds to support the follicular phase (day 1-14). For your luteal phase (day 15-28) swap those two ingredients with sesame and sunflower seeds.
Image via Pinterest.
For more Healthy Recipes, follow Lauren Dunin on Social Media: