So this recipe was developed for the cleansing just gone by – although I never got around to photographing it in time! But, since it’s such a winner, I’m going to share it with you here today alongside a fairly average shot of it! But don’t let that put you off – this beauty is a household staple in the Kringo household and one that is set to have you trying to crack open your oven door in anticipation. Here goes – my Roast Sweet Potatoes with Chilli Kale Salad." - Nat Kringoudis
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of Kale, mid vein removed and torn into 5cm bits
- 1 small chilli, finely sliced.
- 1 large handful of walnuts
- Coconut Oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled if preferred) cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare sweet potatoes and place in an oven dish. Drizzle with coconut oil, salt and pepper and place in an 180 degree oven until cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, dry fry the walnuts – 1-2 minutes without oil, just enough to toast them and remove.
- Place a generous dollop of coconut oil in the same pan, adding onion. Once cooked, add kale and allow to stir fry until it begins to wilt. Remove from heat. Add in walnuts and chilli, salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place over potato on a plate and garnish with a generous dollop of coyo or hummus.