This pumpkin and leek slice is ideal when catering for a large group of people. It is both filling and appealing to the palate!
For those who are searching for a bit of protein, feel free to add 100grams of chicken to the below ingredients.
- 1 leek sliced
- 1/2 butternut squash diced
- 2 small free range chicken breast (optional)
- 10 eggs
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 Goats cheese feta
- Sprinkle of himalayan pink rock salt and mixed pepper seasoning
- Bake pumpkin with rice bran oil and seasoning in oven at 180c until cooked through.
- Meanwhile sauté leeks in rice bran oil on stove top and set aside. In the same pan sauté chicken, garlic and seasoning until cooked through. Put chicken on a chopping block and chop super fine. Add to leeks and set aside.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool. Leaving oven on.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy and fold through leek mix.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish lined with baking paper and scatter pumpkin on top. Crumb goat cheese feta all over and bake in oven for 25-30 mins.
Check out more delicious recipes by Monica Ross from “Model to Mum” on her Facebook page,