An energy packed recipe shared to you by Jenni Brooke Victor of http://wellnessbyjenni.com/
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates, packed
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax oil
- In a food processor fitted with the S-blade, place the almonds and walnuts. Process until they reach a rough, powdery consistency. Don’t make nut butter out of them!
- Add the dates, goji berries, and dried cherries. You might have to use a long spoon to mix them up with the nuts and allow them to reach the blade. Process until everything is well-combined. I had to stop the food processor a few times to mix the ingredients around with the spoon.
- Add the cacao nibs, cacao powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flax oil. Process again. Depending on how big your food processor is, you might have to do this step in a few rounds. (Take out some dough, process, add back in some dough, process, take out some dough, process, add back in some dough, etc.) Process until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Roll the dough into golfball size balls and place them in an airtight container, mason jar, or whatever you want to keep them in.
- Makes about 20 balls, give or take. Store them in the freezer for extended-keeping, or in the fridge if you plan on eating them soon.
More recipes here: Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessbyjenni Instagram: @wellnessbyjenni Twitter: @wellnessbyjenni Pinterest: pinterest.com/wellnessbyjenni
Image via Pinterest