Looking for a healthy snack alternative?
Look no further than Nat Kringoudis’ delicious macadamia and carrot buckwheat muffins!
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup stewed apple
- 1/2 cup of stewed dates (as above)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter melted
- 1 vanilla pod scraped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used goats milk)
- Goats cheese
- Set the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare muffin cases and set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder & soda. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine carrot, apple, dates (or pumpkin/ stevia), vanilla seeds, coconut butter, eggs and milk and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, only partially mixing before adding the macadamia nuts – again, roughly mix. Spoon mixture into muffin cases.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes – until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cool, pop a dollop of goat’s cheese on top! Delish!
If you’ve quit sugar you might like to substitute Stevia Powder for the apple and dates depending on what stage of the program you are at. Alternatively you could substitute with 1 cup of pureed pumpkin.